ArtistsTogether Auction Details
ArtistsTogether will be a timed Online Art Auction and will take place from:
9am, Thursday 10th December to final bids starting at 5pm on Thursday 17th December
- To avoid disappointment should you choose to bid on artworks:
- *Register early
- *You may not be verified to bid if you register on the day of the auction(s).
Please get in touch if you have any queries regarding submitting an artwork, registering to bid etc. please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buying at ArtistsTogether Online Art Auction
How a Timed Auction Works
A timed online-only auction is automated and takes place solely online throughout the website www.artiststogether.ie
The bidding for each lot is opened at a predetermined level set by ArtistsTogether, for a set period of time. When the timed auction finishes, winning bidders will be notified by email. The timed lots will close at the specified date and time and will close in chronological order with 1 minute between each lot before it closes. Although the timed auction starts to close at a specific time, it will take 1 minute per lot to close from the first lot onwards. You can bid right up until the final lot closes.
During this period of open bidding you will be able to see the current highest bid on each lot. You may place a higher bid at the defined bidding increment you choose. Bidders are automatically informed by email if they are the winning bidder, or if they have been outbid by another competing bidder.
At the end of the defined bidding period the highest bid offered is the winning bid.
All lots have a reserve. In this case, at the end of the defined bidding period the highest bid that meets the minimum price designated by the Auctioneer. (i.e the seller’s reserve price), the lot is sold.
First Time Buyers & Registration for ArtistsTogether
If you have never registered or bought at an online auction before, we suggest you carefully read the following guide to buying at ArtistsTogether Online Art Auction.
We highly recommend that you register to bid prior to the auction end date(s). Please register on www.artiststogether.ie. As this auction is an automated timed auction, please give yourself plenty of time to register and do not leave it until the final minutes of auction closing. It can take up to 15 minutes to register.
Any queries you may have can be addressed to our ArtistsTogether Team who are happy to discuss registration. Please be aware we might not be in a position to resolve any registration issues you may incur on the final day of the auction, 17th December. Please register early!
Steps to Participate
- Log in or register for your ArtistsTogether account (A valid credit/debit card is required)
- Find the lot number you are interested in.
- Place your maximum bid, the current lead bid will be displayed along with the number of bidders already bidding on the lot.
- The minimum bid required will also be outlined.
How your Maximum Bid works
By placing your maximum bid, the system will automatically adjust your bid to reflect the next winning bid increment which could be lower than your maximum bid. Your bid will automatically increase should someone else bid, only up to your maximum bid.
Example: Bidder A leaves a maximum bid of €100, bidder B leaves a maximum bid of €200 on the same lot. Bidder A is now knocked out of the lead and Bidder B holds the current winning bid that auto adjusts to €110 (NB not their maximum bid). The system auto adjusts the bid to the next winning increment. Bidder B’s bid will only be further executed if another user bids above their current bid of €110 up to their maximum bid of €200, after which they will be knocked out and an email will be issued advising them to increase their bid.
- If you are outbid you will be notified immediately by email.
- To increase your bid, simply log back in and up your bid.
- When the timed auction finishes, winning bidders will be notified by email. The timed lots will close at the specified date and time and will close in chronological order with 1 minute between each lot before it closes. Although the timed auction starts to close at a specific time, it will take 1 minute per lot to close from the first lot onwards. You can bid right up until the final lot closes.
- Buyer’s Premium at the rate of 5% will be added to your winning bid amount.
- An invoice will issue and you can securely pay online through Stripe
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BUYERS
Covid – 19 Restrictions:
All artworks are with their respective artists.
Post Auction, we will endeavour to arrange delivery or collection of your purchased artwork. We ask for your understanding and patience as we are operating as per Covid – 19 restrictions.
If you are based in Co. Dublin, we will liaise directly with you to arrange delivery or collection.
Artists may choose to send the work directly to you.
If you are not based in Co. Dublin or close surroundings, we will do our best to arrange delivery to you within reason.
For all overseas buyers, we are happy to parcel any artworks purchased, but all postage costs are covered by the buyer.
Please note a Buyer’s Premium of 5% of the Hammer Price per lot purchased will be added to your final invoice. This covers our administration and postage costs. If you have any questions regarding Buyer’s Premium, please contact email@example.com
All purchases must be paid for within 24 hours of the auction or you risk losing the lot. If you have any questions regarding payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org